Re: potato r3

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> well thats normal... sortof.  the kernel is installed as part of the
> `install OS and kernel modules' which copies the kernel from the
> rescue image.  you should have at least had the quik cruft in thier
> though...

Well, I did skip the tasksel installation (by answering N to apt-get),
because I was upgrading to sid anyways.  But I would think that I
would still have had a kernel installed as part of the base system
installation.  I did remove quik right after rebooting, so that might
explain why there wasn't other stuff in /boot.

> probably a good idea, enough machines need it... it works on all of
> them it just makes things hideously slow.  i would prefer getting
> framebuffer patches into the debian kernels so its not required
> though.  running a system with video=ofonly is PAINFUL.

Ok, well, if there is going to be a potato r4, it would be nice.  I
think running slowly is better than not running (or rather, not
running usefully) at all...