Re: Two questions

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 07:06:30AM -0500, chandler wrote:

> Perhaps BootX is needed on a model specific basis. I have used BootX on my
> iMac Rev. A for the last year for dual booting and it's worked great. Is
> there a reason I shouldn't be using it? Or is it the case that it just
> doesn't work on later models?

no, you must not use BootX on ANY newworld mac, that includes all
iMacs.

just because you got linux to boot with it doesn't mean it worked
right.  MacOS based booting is fundementally flawed, very much worse
so on newworlds.

don't use bootx use yaboot.  bootx is completely unsupported and
harmful on newworlds.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/