Re: iBook2 install

> > What's the kernel version that includes all of the necessary kernel
> > patches?
>
> BenH's rsync is currently at 2.4.5-pre3.  One thing that you do need to do

OK, assuming 2.4.5 will be fine ...

> (and I wasn't totally sure if the way I did it was correct) is make sure
> airport gets taken down before sleep.  The driver currently doesn't know
> anything about state and when you wake up, it becomes quite mad (and spams
> w/ info about re-trying packet X).  I figured /var/tmp/ might be the right
> spot, but..  Non-airport cards don't seem to have the problem (but it was
> in a real pcmcia slot, so it might have been turned 'off' correctly).

So PCMCIA wavelan cards are handled by the card services stuff - can't
we get the airport handled by the pcmcia stuff as well? That might take
care of it. Related question: can other machines have an airport card
fitted, or just Pismo and later models?

I'll still need to check what additional dependencies your airport patch
involves before taking further action.

	Michael