Re: Boot questions: Power Computing PowerWave / Sonnet

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:31:36PM -0400, Keith Dawson wrote:
> EB:
> > what version of boot-floppies are you using?
>
> Thought I had a consistent set from potato. Just to be sure I DL'd
> all files from [1] and overwrote the floppies. On reboot the same
> error:
>
>   INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>
> occurs in the same place.
>
> This is still true too:
>
> >         This step never worked if I tried to install using floppies.
> >         After requesting the first driver disk, the installer gave
> >         the following error message, identically, no matter what
> >         floppy was inserted:
> >
> >           This is disk 1 of 2 in the drv14pmac series of 15-Apr-2001 01:50 CDT.
> >           Wrong disk. This is from series drv14pmac.
> >           You need disk 1 of series the driver series.
>
> [1] ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac/images-1.44

interesting, it sounds like something is not detecting your machine
type properly.  im not sure about the respawning thing, sounds like
dbootstrap is dying immediatly.  could you switch to console 2, hit
enter to get a shell, and run dbootstrap manually?  that way we might
get a more useful error message.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/