gom and network settings

Hello,

I've two questions.

I'm looking for some advices for my network configuration. Here is the physical configuration : I've a Zyxel ADSL router wired on the Ethernet port (eth0). This router has a dhcp buit-in, and it have to give me an IP address. The IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 .

What do I have to configure at minimum so that I can use my ADSL router for connecting to the web ? I tried a lot of things in linuxconf, but I never manage to make a connection.

Second question : I think I've a small problem with gom... When I install something like telnet or linuxconf, the process stop just after having written :

----- Start of output ---

Setting up gom (0.29.102-2)

checking configuration:
---

-----End of output

So after "checking configuration", nothing happen. I have to kill the process by ctrl-c.
Does someone has already experienced the same problem ?

Thank you for any help.
--

-----------------------------
Alain Paschoud

Jeux de groupes pour des enfants :
http://www.webalain.ch/jeux/
Page du jeu Colonisation :
http://www.webalain.ch/colonisation/index.html
Logiciel de paiement pour la Poste Suisse :
http://www.webalain.ch/postpay/
Web page of the game Colonisation :
http://www.webalain.ch/colonisation/index_en.html