Colors and keyboard

hello,

I've two question. The first one concern a color problem which is not only cosmetic, but is really annoying. For example, when I launch "linuxconf" in X, a lot of error message appears in the shell, telling me that the color has not been allocated and that it will be replaced by black. Of course, the result is that I have only a black window at the end... Difficult to make configurations when I don't see anything. Does someone has an idea from where could come the problem ?

The second problem is simply the keyboard. I need a Swiss-french keyboard (latin1), but if I run kbdconfig, the only files in the mac directory are french and us keyboard. Do I have to install a particular package to have my keyboard table ?

Thank you for any help.

Alain Paschoud