Re: Print Problem with Deskwriter...

Title: Re: Print Problem with Deskwriter...
W. Crowshaw wrote:

I'm trying to get my HP 600 Deskwriter printer working with my PowerPC 7500.
I've followed the instructions on the FAQ-O-Matic, but I haven't got
it to work.  I had to modify the instruction somewhat because they
are out-of-date and because i am using Debian with kernel 2.2.18pre21.

I'm using a HP DeskJet 855C (not your HP600) on a Mac 7200, and had a bit of
trouble myself.  Even though our configurations are not exactly the same,
I suspect the critical issue may be that you're using a HP printer on
a Mac serial port.

I found the following website very helpful.

http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/mfrueh_print_oldmac.html

It will tell you that you need to change the baud rate of your serial port.
Once I followed its instructions, and used the "stty" command in my system
startup script, everything works fine now for me.

Good luck!

-- Bill
--
Bill Brennan