Re: [bh@agl.ucl.ac.be: why parted does not exist in powerpc.deb?]

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:53:40AM +1000, Timshel Knoll wrote:

> I'm the maintainer of the debian GNU parted package, and I just recieved the
> forwarded message below asking why there is no powerpc-compiled parted package ...
> Parted should be quite useful on powerpc now, since it supports Mac disklabels
> (since 1.4.0), so ext2 partition resizing should be quite possible on powerpc.
> Any reason why the ppc buildd doesn't build parted?

Well, my first shot at it gives me:
$ ./debian/rules binary
configure: error: GNU Parted requires libuuid - a part of the e2fsprogs package.
This can probably be found on your distribution's CD or FTP site or at:
         http://web.mit.edu/tytso/www/linux/e2fsprogs.html
	 Note: if you are using precompiled packages you will also need the development
	 package as well (which may be called e2fsprogs-devel or something similar).
	 If you compile e2fsprogs yourself then you need to do 'make install' and
	 'make install-libs'.

And I really do have e2fsprogs installed and /lib/libuuid.so.1{,.2} exists.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/