Re: evolution etc...

On 06 Mar 2001 01:12:20 +0200, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> Next I guess I gotta look with Chris (the addressbook dude) whether it
> crashes on Sparc too etc.. Duh. Well, good that I went for the Pismo
instead
> of an IBM laptop, the end result would be one ppc-specific bug less..

Ok, we had a bug fixing session, and it was a typical one-liner in
libversit (apparently a lib that Evolution uses to parse the addressbook
vCards or something, I am not too familiar with the internals of
Evolution and what libraries it uses etc..)

It works fine on my machine now, so some email-client changing action is
in the schedule soon :o)

Here's the change:

    tigert ~/src/cvs/evolution/libversit % diff vcc.y vcc.y.orig
    555c555
    < static char lexGetc_()
    ---
    > static int lexGetc_()

(excuse my sucky patch generating skillz :) This probably works for the
latest developer release as well as CVS.

Thanks Craige for help! And thanks to Peter for the useful ulimit tip, I
knew such thing
existed but I never actually used it for anything.

Best wishes,

Tuomas

Tuomas Kuosmanen - Art Director -
Ximian - tigert@ximian.com -