Re: JBuilder 4

The good news is, I can start the JBuilder 4 installer on DebianPPC.
Unfortunately, I am having problems during installation. After some
investigation, I think the problem may be that the installer supplies
operating-system dependent jre for x86 linux, but at this stage I cannot
say for sure. While the installer copies several files including jre to
the /tmp, it also copies a jre. Anyways, I never get to the point where
I can enter license key.

(As a side issue, I really don't like how the installer copies
temporary files to /tmp; I have a very small / partition so I had to
make a soft link to /var/tmp).

If anyone else has suggestions or is interested in running JBuilder on
DebianPPC (and other LinuxPPC distros) please let me know. I would be
especially interested to know where in the installation the installation
process is failing; I may then be able to ask the JBuilder team to see
if there is a workaround.

Here are some suggestions for running the installer (if anyone is
intersted):

1) As root, mount the cdrom:
  # mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/backup

2) Start the installer, supplying full path to jvm
  # cd /mnt/backup
  # ./install_linux LAX_VM /usr/local/j2sdk1.3.0/bin/java

-- Taro