Re: Mac partitioning probs

At 03:29 -0900 3/5/2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
this is a long shot but did this disk used to have a x86 partition
table on it?  i am not certain that mac-fdisk zeros out the first
block, and the way mac partition tables are structured its actually
possible to have both a x86 partition table and a mac partition table
at the same time, both with completely different data.   if there is a
x86 partition table the kernel will probably see it first.

Actually I may be having this problem with a disk I'm monkeying around with right now. Is there a way to wipe the x86 partition from Linux or do I need to initialize it in MacOS first?

Kevin