Re: Installing ... 2nd time ...

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 02:49:37PM +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:

> but after rebooting, MacOS booted not yaboot ... :(
> If I do the mkofboot etc. command from the install shell
> this works but Yaboot is not booted. Only MacOS.

this sounds like either:

1) your bootstrap partition is type Apple_HFS and thus MacOS mounted
and ruined it.

2) you used the MacOS startup disk control panel.

> How can I say OF to boot from bootstrap ?

mkofboot should do this for you, your using the current (potato r2)
version right?  mkofboot --version.

otherwise from your example below:

setenv boot-device hd:9,\\:tbxi
boot

> and: why has MacOS overwritten the settings of the Open Firmware ?

it shouldn't do that unless you mess with the startup disk control
panel.  you should probably remove that control panel from the system
folder in case it has any init code or something.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/