RE: X starts, but it displays strange things

> > It's what you suspect: the offset between the start of consecutive scan
> > lines in memory. No idea why the r128 driver would pick that pitch though.
>
> Perhaps because the RAGE128 needs line lenghts that are multiples of 64?

Does it? If that's the case, why would the X server not honor the pitch
(as it seems, from the description of the staircase effect)?

But maybe that wasn't caused by the pitch/line_len but by weird mode
settings. hsync 28-38 and vsync 43-50 still look crummy to me though.

	Michael