Re: Help: Can't get XFree86 v4.0.2 to start

At 16-bit, the colors are almost psychodelic.  Everything is shades of green and pink and yellow.  It's as though something has grabbed the colormap and those are the only colors left over.

I tried depth 15.  It seemed to work.  Thanks for the suggestion; it never crossed my mind to try 15.

.Donnell

On Sun, 21 January 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Donnell wrote:
> >
> > Ok.  I now have it working.  After shuffling some options around and trying
> > the fbdev driver designation again, I was able to get v4.0.2 running, but
> > only at a bit depth of 8.  I have a 2MB video card that can handle 16-bit
> > color at 1024x768 on the MacOS side.  What am I missing that I can't get
> > 16-bit color using v4.0.2 as I did using v3.3.6?
>
> What's the problem with 16 bit? Have you tried both depth 16 and 15?
>

> Michel
>

> --
> Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)    \   Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
> CS student, Free Software enthusiast   \        XFree86 and DRI project member

Get to know http://www.quepasa.com
Cool tools, free Internet, new sabor!