USB Mouse Probs- Solved

I thought I would pass along that I had solved the mouse problems. When you mentioned input layer was where my problem was. I used the steps that I had gone through when I updated my kernel in linuxppc to include usb. I then got ppp figured out and started up. It appears I have a DNS problem now. I am not looking for help on this yet. I haven't tried to solve it yet so....

anyway thanks. debian seems alot different from what i expected after experience with yellowdog and linuxppc.