X starts, but it displays strange things

Hi,

I was finally able to install XFree-4.0.2 on my indigo iBook. X starts, but
I'm not able to see anything, except the mouse cursor and a gray screen with
horizontals lines, slightly diagonals, as if the pixels sent to the screen
weren't the same depth as the screen itself. When I push the mouse button, I
see turquoise lines on the screen.

I use the XF86Config file I found on hadess.net (merci Bastien). The r128
driver is loaded. Resolution is 800x600. Everything in the log file seems ok
to me. I tried different screen depths without success.

Could somebody please helps me?

\ Charles Brunet <brunet01@gel.ulaval.ca>
 \ Étudiant, génie informatique, Université Laval