Re: modem works!, battery drains fast?

On   1 Jan, this message from Michel Dänzer echoed through cyberspace:
> Any suggestions how I can find out what accesses my disk every few seconds and
> thus keeps me from powering it down?

Replying late, and I didn't read all of the remaining messages in the
thread, but have a look at the battery-powered mini-howto:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Battery-Powered.html

When I configured my laptop at work, tat was quite helpful.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |