Re: Problem using new kernel

On 1/15/01 at 11:26 AM, hadess@hadess.net (Bastien Nocera) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Quoting Melissa Reid <mreid@pobox.com>:
>
>> I needed to rebuild the kernel, though, so I downloaded the
>> 2.2.18 full sources, and configured and built the new kernel. I
>> left out SCSI and the Mac serial, ADB, and floppy stuff, since I
>> don't have the hardware; I did remember to turn on USB, the USB
>
>You need ADB to turn on the PowerMac specific keycodes.
>Read http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html about the necessary
>options to get a working kernel.

That did it! I could have sworn I tried that before, but it works now,
so I'm not arguing. Thanks very much!

>BTW, you'd better turn on Mac Serial if you want to use the internal modem.

Thanks, but my internal modem doesn't like my ISP's dialup. That's
why I needed to rebuild the kernel-- to get it to work with the Keyspan
that my modem-that-works is plugged into.

Thanks again!

Melissa Reid