Re: dselect and 2.2.18 problem

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 11:35:08AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > (i think the perl package was outdated on powerpc, a broken
> > version... at least thats what he told me)
>
> Nope, perl's broken everywhere right now.

well i know its broken to some degree everywhere, but the perl he got
refused to even run (i think the brokeness your talking about is the
symlink/alternative nonsense no?) he asked on #debian-devel and they
told him to download/build a newwer NMU version of perl or somesuch,
that solved the problem.   his system was totally borked since nothing
would configure since perl refused to do anything at all.  (even with
the correct /usr/bin/perl)  he was told the powerpc port was one or
two NMUs behind.

anyway whatever perl is broken one way or another ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/