Re: Enlightenment

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 08:43:29PM -0600, Nathan Ingersoll wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:
>
> > small correction: .xinitrc for startx, and .xsession for xdm, wdm, gdm, etc..
> > And .xsession must be executable.
>
> I always wondered what the difference was supposed to be between those files.
> On most systems I've seen .xinitrc is just symlink to .xsession so that the
> behavior is the same regardless of whether startx or *dm are used.

there is no logical difference between these files, which is why
debian just uses .xsession for both startx and [xwkg]dm.  but .xinitrc
will still be respected if you have some reason for using it.

otherwise just setup .xsession the way you like it and rm -f
~/.xinitrc

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/