Re: Install on PowerMac 7500

At 22:57 +0800 1/10/01, Rolf Schatzmann wrote:
No problem, bootx works really well provided that you don't have later than
OS8.6 on the mac partition that you are running bootx from, it gets flaky
after OS9 and breaks completely after OS9.0.4. Although I haven't tried it
with 9.1 I would assume that its still broken.

OTH I have installed Linuxppc2000 and Debian Potato a total of 5 times on PowerMac 7600 and PowerComputing 150 computers using BootX alongside MacOS 9.04 and have had no problems. (There had been no problems under MacOS 8.1 either; using 8.1 is certainly ok if you have it available and it does fit on a smaller partition.)

I agree that Quik is not an option on these machines. miBoot would be the only viable alternative to BootX.

--
  Garry Roseman  <mailto:memphis@macconnect.com>