Re: GNOME

James,
     I used apt-get -b source <packagename> to build ppc debs from the
source on the Helix server and it worked fine.

   c. todd roberts   |   sr. infrastructure consultant   |   r  a  v  e   |
www.ravesoft.com   |   new york, new york   |   vm  212.857.1848   |   fx
212.857.1847

                    James Shearer
                    <shearer@core.        To:     Debian PPC <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
                    polya.net>            cc:
                                          Subject:     Re: GNOME
                    01/08/2001
                    07:50 AM

> On the Gnome website, it says it requires Debian 2.3 or higher. Is this
> true?

No.  As long as you have X and a recent GTK+, you can get the gnome
tarballs and compile from source.  As for prepackaged binaries, I know
helixcode GNOME offers debs for i386 potato and woody, but I don't know
about ppc.

> Does anyone have it up and running so that I know it's possible?

Yes, it is possible :)

Good luck.

Jim

--