Re: Problem installing debian on G3 beige

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 09:58:08PM +0100, Manea Mirko wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 12:27:18PM -0800, Mark Jaroski wrote:
> > When I tried it with my G3 266 I had a lot better luck starting
> > out booting from BootX than with the floppies.  Actually I
> > pretty much never turn the machine off, so I haven't gotten
> > around to dealing with quik...
> >

> > You might want to try BootX, assuming you still have MacOS on
> > the machine.  I have a working Beige G3 kernel if you want it...
>
> I installed it on a new hard disk.. I have macos on another hd
> which is not installed..

Ahhhh... It only supports two IDE drives...

I had the same problem, so I took out the CD-ROM and replaced it
with a scsi CD-Rom from an older Mac.

Does your machine have a Zip drive by any chance?  I really
never had any luck trying to boot from floppies on the Beige G3,
but if we could construct a Mac rescue disk with BootX you'll be
in business very quickly.

--
-- mark at outlook dot net
-- Outlook Technologies is in *no way* affiliated with Microsoft