Re: Problem installing debian on G3 beige

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 08:48:21PM +0100, Manea Mirko wrote:

> thank you very much... but ofpath says:
>
> This machine is not supported: AAPL, PowerMac G3MacRISC
>
> I'll try to make boot-floopy-hfs.img to mount my /dev/sda3 root partition..
> just to finish installation.. then I'll play with quik..

When I tried it with my G3 266 I had a lot better luck starting
out booting from BootX than with the floppies.  Actually I
pretty much never turn the machine off, so I haven't gotten
around to dealing with quik...

You might want to try BootX, assuming you still have MacOS on
the machine.  I have a working Beige G3 kernel if you want it...

It's got the USB stuff compiled in, which might be a problem for
you if you don't have a USB card..  I also turned on support for
the Tulip 100MB ethernet they were distributing with the Beige
G3s.

Mark

--
-- mark at outlook dot net
-- Outlook Technologies is in *no way* affiliated with Microsoft