Questions about various upgrades: Netscape, XF etc.

   I've been running potato on my PowerMac 7300 for almost a year now,
and am wondering if it would be the time to upgrade various
packages.

First, I assume I can safely upgrade to the Netscape 4.7x packages
in woody (or is it sid?)? I'm running Netscape 4.6 right now.

Second, I've been running Xfree 3.98 (beta version of 4) for a while
now and I'd love to upgrade to the "real" thing. Are the XF 4.02
pacakges I keep reading about compatible with potato or only with
woody/sid?

Sould I simply upgrade to sid/woody? I'm feeling a little bit
squeamish about such a radical change. Thanks,

             Renaud Dreyer