Re: r128 driver, unresolved symbols, XF86 4.0.2-1

jingai wrote:

> Hello all, I am having troubles with the latest XF86 packages (4.0.2-1)
> and the r128 driver module.. X complains of numerous unresolved symbols
> in the r128 driver, as shown below.  It also aborts and dumps core, so if
> anyone needs the core file (approx. 6MB) I do still have it.
>
> Any help is much appreciated, as unaccelerated X is terribly slow :)
>
> Here is the output from X:

[...]

This was fixed for someone on the Xpert list when he replaced "r128" by "ati"
for the Driver name in the Device Section. But that's strange; "r128" works
for me like it should (the ati driver should listen to the "r128" and "radeon"
aliases).

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project