Re: GUI Partitioning Utility under Linux

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 05:22:37PM +0200, starlett wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Anyone knows Mac Linux GUI Partitioning Utility?

i do not believe any exist.  GNU parted however is built to accept a
curses, or full X11 interface in addition to its command line mode.
however i don't think any GUI modules exist for it yet apart from the
connectiva installer.

mac-fdisk (in debian) is not really that hard to use if you know the
shortcuts, see my partitioning guide at
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.txt

> PS. LinuxPPC 2000Q4 starts without problems on my FireWire iBook. Debian
> starts on the iMac. However, I still cannot start Debian from CD on my
> FireWire iBook. Any suggestions?

define `cannot start' do you have wierd display issues?  if so i think
video=ofonly or video="aty128fb:vmode:15:cmode:8" (i think that vmode
is wrong)  otherwise we need more details as to what failed.

note if you have CDs older then potato r2 that would explain why it
would not boot, potato r0 CDs didn't boot on much of any recent Apple
hardware.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/