Re: XFree86 on potato

I am happy to say that I got the mouse in X working.  What helped was
the website mentioned below. I wish I had known about it earlier :-)

- I edited .config in the toplevel of my 2.2.18 kernel source tree to
match the recommended configuration settings on Franz Sirl's website,
then built and installed the kernel.
- I debianized (using alien) the dev rpm that made a device called
adbmouse. Then I edited /etc/X11/XF86Config so that the mouse device was adbmouse.

That's all I've done so far, except to fix my keymapping with a
configuration file I made using xmodmap. Backspaces are fixed now on my
PowerComputing 105 key keyboard. If someone desperately needs this I can
put it up somewhere.

Thanks to Adam and Garry for their input on this plea for help!

-- Taro