Re: debian-powerpc: mozilla/browsers with java support ???

"Björn Johansson" wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 January 2001 03:14, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> > Does Mozilla have Java support ???
> >
> > I am using Mozilla as it is the only browser that I know of the works on
> > the PowerPC machines.  I guess Communicator would be my preferred choice
> > because it is much more stable that Mozilla, but Communicator is not
> > available for PowerPC (at least not in .deb format).
> >
> > I really need a web browser with Java support so that I can do things
> > like Internet Banking, etc.  There are a lot more web sites that rely on
> > broswers being Java enabled.  Are there any other browsers for PowerPC
> > with Java support ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brendan Simon.
>
> What about using Konqueror?

Good point. Konqueror has quickly grown to be my preferred browser. It
supports Netscape/Mozilla plugins (thus also Java), all the crypto you can
think of (provided you have the necessary -crypto packages) and sports the
fastest and prettiest rendering AFAICT.

Michel

PS: I still prefer GNOME though ;)

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project