Re: Please Help - Debian on iBook Install

> Hi,
>

> I have an Apple iBook with FireWire (Summer 2000 model), and it seems I
> run into troube installing Debian.

I had trouble initially. I've gotten past it.

> 1) Potato 2.2r2 CD#1 could not be used as startup - hangs at the
> beginning with strange video artifacts. Nothing helps.

Are you running X or just a text console? If the latter, you probably
want to have in your yaboot.conf "append=video=aty128fb:vmode:10:cmode:8"
as an option.

> 2) I can install LinuxPPC (Red Hat v7 based) without complete
> reformatting my HD (I have 6 GB MacOS 9 partition and 4 GB unallocated).
> Is it possible to use LinuxPPC partitioning scheme later with Debian?
> LinuxPPC uses 32 MB HFS startup partition to load Linux kernel. I like
> this more rather creating non-editable bootstrap partition.

I think it should work.

However, the bootstrap partition isn't strictly non-editable.

Phil