Re: Xfree 3.x for Cirrus Logic GD 5446 on a RS 6000 clone (Bull Estrella 320)

Mark Jaroski wrote:

 Hi Mark

First of all let me thank you for all your efforts, swell. I installed
debian on my I386 (P3 with 3dfx Banshee) to see how it works. Different
arch, so different programs with the default XF86Setup settings I was on
the move :-)

> In case you're wondering the program for converting rpm archives
> to debs is alien.  Try this (as root):
>
>         apt-get install alien
>         alien something.rpm

Work's fine they where  already in my archive

> then you can install the now debianized package using dpkg -i.

 I get aan error that libc6 >= 2.1.97 and it's 2.1.3-13, strange isn't
that newer?

regards Mark