Re: modem works!, battery drains fast?

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 04:40:40PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Michael Schmitz schrieb:
>
> > As to excessive power use with modem on: I don't think I see that here.
> > Judged from the battery monitor plugin the power consumption seems fairly
> > normal (Lombard, 400 MHz, X with services reduced to a minimum and HD
> > actually spinning down on occasion, gives me around 2h30' battery life).
>
> I get that or more with my Pismo even without taking special care, but still:

agreed, it seems I will get about 3 and a half to four hours with out taking
any precautions, still it would be nice to be able to get over 5 hours like
macos allegedly (so claimed in apple advertiisng and such) can on the machine.
Also linux in general on x86 laptops at least tends to get far better power
consumption (lasts longer) than windows, so it would be nice to be able to
beat the pants of macos power consumption also.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/