Re: Console or X4 on /dev/fb1?

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Adam C Powell IV schrieb:
>
> > > For the console, you need the video=map: kernel option. video=map:1 puts
> > > all VTs on /dev/fb1, video=map:10 puts VT1 on /dev/fb1, VT2 on /dev/fb0,
> > > VT3 on /dev/fb1 and so on.
> >
> > Hmm, this doesn't seem to work for me, is it a 2.4 thing?
>
> No. What did you try and what happened?

I tried video=map:1 and all I know is that it hung real early, before any disk
activity.  My kernels are on a zip disk and root on an IDE drive, so I can tell
when the kernel loading stops and the disk activity starts, but can't see any
boot messages- nothing appears on fb1.

> > Thank you so much!!  If we meet someday I owe you dinner- again. :-)
>
> I'll remember that! ;) I'd be very interested in seeing the MIT if I ever go
> to Boston.

Sounds good, just give me a few days' notice.

Thanks again,

-Adam P.