Re: Kernel advantage

On Monday 01 January 2001 17:18, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> "Björn Johansson" schrieb:
> > How will the Debian distribution take advantage of the new features which
> > comes with the 2.4 kernel? If I run Debian2.2r2 with a 2.4 kernel rather
> > than with a 2.2 kernel, what's the big differance?
>
> Are there any particular features you think of?

How about the DevFS?

> > As I have understood it, many features of the 2.4 kernel has been
> > backported to the 2.2 kernel, right?
>
> I assume you still use an Amiga? APUS doesn't have any backports in 2.2 .

Well, it's true that I still use Amiga. But in the future I will get myself
an Ibook, so it's interesting to know what's going on in the ordinary
powermac kernels.

By the way, are there any specific Ibook models which don't work very good
(or maybe just don't work at all) with Debian?

--
Kind regards  Björn Johansson