Re: X sort of works

On Mon, 01 Jan 2001 10:08:09 Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Steven Hanley schrieb:
>
> > ahh I must say this is good, of course now I am wondering about getting
dri
> > working, just for the heck of it, to see how good this card is at 3d stuff
> > :)
>
> It doesn't work yet, please be patient.

In the old 4.0.1 phase 5 version, I'm able to run xlock-gl screensavers and
giram-gnome and the like; wouldn't that indicate that 3d is working? Or is
it using a software-only approach?

> > Branden does not have powermac debs up there currently, who knows maybe he
> > cant build it either.
>
> Or maybe there are no problems he'd like us to test possible solutions for.

I tried the new 4.0.2 x last night; it crashed hard. I reverted to the copy of
phase 5 I had here. I ran into slight problems because they moved some stuff
from
xserver-xfree to xserver-common or something like that, and had to use
--force-overwrite.

I guess I'll live.

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net