Re: screen blanking different

> > speaking of which, do you know how to control the powersaving features
> > of the framebuffer console?  setterm does not work like it does on a
> > VGA text terminal on i386.  (aty128fb)
>
> fblevel is for that. AFAIK it goes from 0 (off) to 15 (maximum brightness).

For LCD displays, 0 will turn the backlight off. But that's not what
setterm -powersave controls. AFAIK there's no choice in how to blank the
fbcon display via setterm (are there blanking/powersave option hooks
exported by the framebuffer drivers we could use for this?). fbcon just
turns off backlight on LCDs, via atyfb_blank perhaps.

	Michael