X sort of works

All

well X 4 starts now, I am using a slightly modified config file as posted
to this list around dec 3rd by joh huber, though I am not having the problem
with my keyboard he was.

Anyway there is a small problem, I have attached the error log output to
this email to show you, the sb module doesnt seem to be properly compiled or
something is missing.

Wether that causes the problem in the display or not I am unsure.

However the annoying thing is whenever I open anything that uses normal
fonts, such as an xterm, or netscape with some lines of text, or emacs,
there is distortion all the way across the screen wherre the lines of text
are.

The problem is worst with xterm using 7x13 font. This is of course the X
3.3.6 xterm, and all the other apps are still old X, so they dont have any
of the fancy font stuff new X apps have.

Anyway it really looks bad, and looks like it could do the lcd damage, the
image shakes when text scrolls in the xterm, there are jagged looking edges
at the edge of ths screen where the distorted lines are, the distortion is
worst on the line with the cursor, also when I have a page of text there are
wobbly scanlines going up through it all the time.

The thng I can best think describes this is when you have horizontal or
vertical refresh at a rate the monitor doesnt like, is this a likely reason?
and if so can anyone suggest a horizontal and vertical refresh to use with
the pismo display.

Thanks

	See You
	    Steve