Re: new input layer

Hi Adam,

I agree with you that the docs are not up to date; for example, the
kernel docs
on the mouse layer for Mac are completely missing. I appreciated the URL

mentioned by Bastien?, although certain infos should be in the kernel
Docs.

I also agree with you that there is a confusing situation about keyboard
and
mouse; the problem dates back to some months ago also in linuxppc lists,

but the new messages reveal that the old problems are still there.
Perhaps
the best thing is to upate the packages so that the relevant docs and
devs
are in place, and we can all relax.

I have updated my PB page, that will be useful just until the problem is

solved at its best. The page will be up tomorrow, at the usual address:
http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~sb/PowerBook/
With minor touchups, the configs should work on other machines too.

Having solved all old problems, a new one is now bothering me.
The XF4 is very slow, and I am looking for the way to speed it up.
I know the solution would be to recompile the sources in a certain way,
so to use the accelerated server, but it looks like this process is
already
ongoing in woody, so I will just wait. The framebuffer, howeaver,
is *a lot* slower than XF3.

Regards,
Sergio