Re: new input layer

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 05:46:18PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> I agree that breaking this in stable wasn't a good idea. Others gave
> priority to phasing out the old mouse driver sooner rather than later
> (which is a Good Thing, all things considered).
> The documentation might have gotten out of sync with reality in a few
> points. I'm sure updates to the install docs are welcome (if that topic
> was indeed ever covered in the docs).
>
> Chalk one up to extensive testing of point releases.

Yes, well.. I'm sorry about breaking this in stable, as it were; I
wasn't really intending to, and my tests implied that there would not
be too much breakage, but I guess I understimated.

Mostly, I wanted to have a released version of Debian with the input
layer support.  This way we can plan ahead to scrap the macintosh
keymap files in the next release without causing too much damage.
That'll make using console-tools much simpler.

Dan