Re: assorted problems: xcontrib/xlibs, 2.4 kernel, ppp/modutils

> > * One thing I noticed when compiling the 2.4 kernel: there's an option
> > for AGP. I remembered that my video controller is an AGP chip, and set
> > it. It didn't compile. Unsetting that option, it compiled. And works.
> > Even with stuff like X. I'm going to have to start writing all these
> > gotchas down somewhere.

> I wouldn't exactly call this a gotcha as there is no support listed for
> Apple AGP chipsets.

Well, I think it's at least worth a change in the kernel docs, to
forestall confusion. Apple's using more and more "intel standard"
components these days on its motherboards, and you don't get a parts
breakdown list with the average iBook. Probably just a "not meant
for UMA architecture machines" in the help section would be
sufficient.

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net