Re: PC hardware on PPC

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 04:39:21PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >Sorry meaning it won't work?  I've had good reports about eepro's working
> >under linux/ppc.  Some of those reports from Donald Becker.
> >
> >Same goes for the 3com 59x (never heard of a 95x).
>
> Yup. I have a 8500 that have been running with an EEPro for monthes (it's
> still running 2.2.12 or something like that) without trouble.
>
> I've spoted an endian fix for eepro in one of our bk trees recently, I'll
> check what it is exactly, it's possible that eepro got broken and fixed again.

That was me.  8255x's are the onboard Ethernet of choice now for high
end PPC embedded boards so it's painful when the eepro100 maintainer(s)
keep breaking other archs.  They're were recently some double byte
swapping areas that I pushed a fix in for...the maintainer(s) have been
sent patches directly in the past and seem to be dropping them.

--
Matt Porter
porter@debian.org