Re: debian-powerpc: web browsers with java enabled

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 05:20:48PM +1100, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> I'm running a PowerMac G4 and a PowerBook with Firewire (I think it's
> called a Pismo ?).
> I can't find a browswer that has Java enabled.  I'm currently using
> Mozilla which is quite buggy but is orders of magnitudes better than the
> previous debian version.

netscape is java ready ...

install netscape-java... and it should work.

> Does anyone know of any browsers for powerpc with Java capabilities or
> how to get Mozilla to support Java ?

Mozilla ... I think it would be a better idea to install netscape 4.7 and netscape-java ...

> I also would like security (I guess this means SSL but there might be
> other options).  Any clues ??

SSL isnt in Mozilla, yet. You should use netscape with 128bit encycryption
is it already in netscape ? perhaps you will need the fourtify plugin.

hope i could help you ...

cu,
mfl