New to debian questions...

I just installed the stable branch onto
my aging Performa 6400. This was a
move that was planned for a long time,
but quickened by LinuxPPC suddenly going
bye-bye after upgrading to the halloween-beta.

This machine is planned to eventually
be an ipchains/samba-server/printer-server.
However, right this minute it's my only box
so I need to get some of these issues addressed.

I just have a few questions:

1) Is there a .deb of Xpmac? I'm limited to using the
built in valkyrie chipset, and all the docs I've seen
say Xpmac is the best to use.  I can get FB_Dev up
for short periods of time, but it seems to crash fairly
regularly.(Signal 11) (If not, where do I get the source
 and where do I announce the availiblity of it?)

2) I have an adstech usb card(2 port, it seems to use
the ochi driver at anyrate, it's a lucent chip) that has my Epson740 and
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer(two button wheelie optical mouse)
plugged in.  My mouse occasionaly craps out, turning off gpm seems
to have help significantly however it stopped responding completely last
night. Doing a "more" on /dev/input/mice produced a grand total
of 0 bytes of output after moving the mouse around and clicking the buttons.
[I'm running kernel 2.2.18pre21].  Does anyone else have this problem, or
are there any resources on this issue? [I'll gladly post any logs or
whatever information is needed tonight (I'm at work now)]

3) I've seen from my searches on the net that installing netscape on debian
is
some kind of issue. I know that all apt-get install seems to generate is
broken dependancies.  Is there any resource that I could read on how to get
this to work? [Searches on this list didn't find anything. I was probably
looking at the wrong search criteria].

Thanks!
RobK