Booting on a hfs partition for oldworld

Hi,

I have been trying to get my 7300 to boot from the hard drive using quik, and
I'm wondering if I am doing everything right.

Are there any step by step docs specifically for debian?  The only docs I could
find are for redhat...

What exactly is happening with quik?  Is it telling OF to read an ext2 partition
for the kernel?  That doesn't make much sence, since OF doesn't know about
ext2.  Does the kernel need to be on a hfs partition on the hard drive?

I have tried it with one partition, the kernel on / and it still won't boot.
I've tried a /boot partition with no booting.

I am also getting conflicting information.  In the debian install docs I need to
run "nvsetenv `ofpath /dev/sda3`" which would be correct for me, but ofpath
isn't even on the boot floppy!  I had to chroot into /target and setup apt-get
to download and install yaboot.

Can anyone help solve some of these problems?

Mike