Re: Configuring XF4 for Lombard

Sergio Brandano wrote:

>  The result of "lspci | grep VGA" is as follows:
>
>  00:11.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies ...

So 0:17:0 is the correct bus ID.

This rang a bell inside my head, I just tested with a wrong bus ID - I also
got a segfault. Thanks for reporting this bug.

As for the crash, you probably need Michael's kernel patch (or is that in any
2.2 kernel now?) or a 2.4 kernel.

>  I know nothing about the ati driver.

It has hardware acceleration which fbdev hasn't. But you'll have to find out
yourself if it works. YMMV.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project