Re: Compiling Kernel 2.4 ... strange problems ...

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 07:50:02AM +0100, Claus wrote:
>  >:     Which IrDA Interface is in my Pismo 400 ? Which Driver do I need ?
>
> palm, print, PB, phone?
> almost everything is explained in the irda howto.
>
> 7:24@pts/1 ~ > dmesg | grep tty
> tty00 at 0xf3013020 (irq = 15) is a Z8530 ESCC, port = modem-printer
> tty01 at 0xf3013000 (irq = 16) is a Z8530 ESCC, port = infrared (IrDA)

Which driver do I need to get these 2 interfaces ?
serial driver ?

> 7:24@pts/1 ~ > env | grep PIL
> PILOTPORT=/dev/ircommnew0
> PILOTRATE=115200
> 7:25@pts/1 ~ > cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep _IR
> CONFIG_IRDA=m
> CONFIG_IRLAN=m
> CONFIG_IRCOMM=m
> CONFIG_IRDA_ULTRA=y
> CONFIG_IRDA_OPTIONS=y
> CONFIG_IRDA_CACHE_LAST_LSAP=y
> CONFIG_IRDA_FAST_RR=y
> CONFIG_IRDA_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_IRDA_COMPRESSION=y
> CONFIG_IRDA_DEFLATE=m
> CONFIG_IRTTY_SIR=m
> CONFIG_IRPORT_SIR=m
> # CONFIG_SMC_IRCC_FIR is not set
>
> apple:~# irattach /dev/ttyS1
> 1.1 Tue Nov  9 15:30:55 1999 Dag Brattli
> apple:~# irmanager -d 1
> apple:~# cat /proc/net/irda/discovery
> IrLMP: Discovery log:
>
> nickname: knarz, hint: 0x8220, saddr: 0x1c12333c, daddr: 0xa660df5f
>

> you will probably need irda-tools, irda-common, pilot-link
> 	and for a phone the gsmlib...package:

>  This distribution contains a library to access
>  GSM mobile phones through GSM modems. Features include:
>   * modification of phonebooks stored in the
>     mobile phone or on the SIM card
>   * reading and writing of SMS messages stored in
>     the mobile phone
>   * sending and reception of SMS messages
>  Additionally, some simple command line programs are
>  provided to use these functionalities.

thanks, for your help ... i will test it today ... if the kernel compiles.
I get many undefinded refercences ... but I think I´ve kicked enough drivers I don´t need at the moment t
get the Kernel to work ;)

cu,
mfl