Re: Problems with iBook?

Hi,

Philipp Schulte wrote:

> Hello,
> I am thinking about buying an iBook and install Debian potato on it. I
> have searched for some information and found different people
> reporting that it was not possible to install Debian because of some
> problems with the kernel.

I posted the first version of my installation doc on the ML. My iBook is
soon gonna be back from tech support (I had some problems with the hard
drive) and I'm gonna rewrite this little guide.
It will be a whole lot easier, due to the fact that I was missing some
knowledge of the yaboot parameters...
I also hope to be able to provide a 2.4.0 kernel for it in January, as
well as a version of XFree4 for potato.

> Is this still an issue? I don't care too much about sound of airport

They both should work, although I haven't tested the airport, some
people have reported success.

> stuff but obviously I want to be able to install an boot Debian once I
> got the iBook.
> Thanks for any information.
> Phil

Cheers