XFree86 4.0.1 on PowerPC status update #2

I've got a patch that successfully fixes the too-clever hack in libXft
involing va_lists.

However, unfortunately, some things in the XFree86 tree (the Wacom input
module, at least) build differently on kernel 2.4 systems than they do on
2.2 systems.  More to the point, building xf86Wacom.c flat out fails on 2.4
boxen.

Dan Jacobowitz has suggested that I force XFree86's idea of the installed
OS version to 2.2 instead of trying to autodetect it.

Can anyone see any potential hazards with doing this?

CC'ing BenC because he maintains the kernel headers provided by glibc.

In other news, the donated B&W G3 showed up, but I am having difficulty
partitioning it.  mac-fdisk is not the world's friendliest tool!  I'm sure
the folks on #debian-devel can get me going, though.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |        kernel panic -- causal failure