Re: r128 driver still borked in XF4.0.1-9pre10

Michael Flaig wrote:

> > > GPM supports multiple input devices so the trackpad and the usb mouse
> > > works at the same time ...
> >
> > The new input layer does that for you as well in the form of
> > /dev/input/mice .
>
> hey, cool! Where can I find documentation to get this to work.

A Google search reveals this for example:

http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html

> > > Does XF4 work on your Pismo now ?
> >
> > No, not the -8 packages. Waiting for new ones...
>
> Have you downloaded the xfree4 from deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/
> woody/powerpc/
>
> they are now -10 ...

Well, I would have if they were still there... The only file in the powerpc
directory is currently Packages.gz .

> the bug of -8 packages is fixed but now the packages hang my pismo which is
> my biggest problem at all.

I have the same problem on my Pismo. That is, actually the screen isn't black
for me but has an interesting gradient which slowly changes it's color and
brightness :) The machine is dead as can be.

The strange thing is: The same happens if I take the r128_drv.o from one of my
build trees, which work as a whole. So the problem doesn't seem to be just in
the driver.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project