Re: [OT?] In Search of Website Monitoring Software

> This may be somewhat off topic, but I need to monitor some JSP sites and a Cold Fusion site.  Does anyone know of a Linux application that will test the availability of a website?  Ideally, if a site does not respond within a specified amount of time, the application will send an email alert.

Yes it is offtopic, and it's not necessary to post such offtopic messages
twice in short order. Wrapping your lines at, say, col. 72 would make it a
bit more readable.

Response re: offtopic: use wget and check the return status, add some
crude shell magic involving background jobs that just sleep() might get
you the timeout part if necessary. Substitute perl, tcl, whatever for
'shell' if you are so inclined. More ways to skin this particular cat than
you probably wanted to know.

	Michael